Friday, December 28, 2007

The Year In Review

For this one, you're supposed to post the first line of the first post of each month. I thought that was an interesting idea, so here we go.

January: It really is unbecoming to present oneself (even implicitly) as the defender of reason and science while spewing irrational and unscientific nonsense.

February: How do you pay tribute to the woman who determined your destiny?

March: Five lesbians having an orgy in a cage.

April: Terry Jones takes on the disparities between the treatment of British sailors in Iranian control and the treatment of suspects at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo.

May: Nightline apparently thinks it appropriate to air a challenge between Christians and Atheists, which could be a potentially enlightening debate IF the representatives from each side were even remotely representative of most Christians or most Atheists OR if each side was represented by competent experts.

June: A Blog Around the Clock has linked to my criticism of Bloom and Weisberg's "Why Do Some People Resist Science?"

July: I know how exciting you find the tax codes, so today, boys and girls, we're going to learn about 501(c)3 and its many applications.

August: My last Shmulevich post was reasonable.

September: Can you figure out who said the following things?

October: Posting has been very difficult as of late due to a.) extreme busy-ness on my part, b.) lots of houseguests and c.) the hate-hate relationship between my ISP and my laptop’s software environment.

November: This is one of those questionable interpretations that I was writing about yesterday.

December: My apologies to my libertarian friends, but this is too funny to pass up.

After doing this and reviewing some of my posts, I've realized that (on my blog, at least) I use a lot of sentence fragments, usually for effect or for short-hand labeling of links. That's a potentially bad habit that I think I'll be keeping an eye on in the coming year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home