Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Medical Update

If you read my other blog, you've probably already read my profanity-filled rant. If not, here's why life sucks. I've been diagnosed with Raynaud's disease, another vasospastic condition sometimes associated with Prinzmetal's syndrome. So, for those of you keeping score, that's vasospasm in my coronary arteries (Prinzmetal's), vasospasm in my extremities (Raynaud's), and cerebral vasospasm (migraine headaches). My cardiovascular system is really getting on my bad side.

Knowing, however, makes me feel a little bit better. When I know, I can act. It also makes me feel a little less crazy and explains why I've been getting pretty severe pain lately when I hold iced drinks. I hadn't thought of that until after my diagnosis when I was checking out the Raynaud's Association site.

Anyway, I'll be doing a lot of shopping this weekend for things to keep me warm and hold off the spasms in my extremities. This is, of course, the worst time of year to shop. If you know me, you know that Melinda and shopping should not be in the same sentence. So, you can imagine how horribly excited I am.

I'm just really glad that I'm such a total badass or I might actually let all this crap get me down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home